Welcome to the Stonecutters Ridge Community Forum

For public banter that doesn't belong elsewhere.

Re: Welcome to the Stonecutters Ridge Community Forum

Postby Doozie » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:28 pm

Welcome Lia,

depending on the turn out we will need a bigger bbq (portable ones) or may need to hire one.. Lets nominate a day and see who will attend ?
Doozie

Stonecutter

Postby firstcut » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:13 am

Hi all

I've started a thread in the owner section here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=43

There's also a poll so we can figure out availability.
Amanda
Lot 1309 - http://www.stonecuttersridge.blogspot.com/
"Civility costs nothing, and buys everything" Mary Wortley Montagu
firstcut

Stonecutter

Postby shearer place » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:44 pm

Howdy neighbours....

Great day for our family....today we settled on our "piece of australia".... :D
scr wannabee = shearer place!!!!

so whens the bbq????
;)
Eka and Putri - Lot 1411
shearer place

Stonecutter

Postby deletedpenguin » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:36 am

shearer place wrote:Howdy neighbours....

Great day for our family....today we settled on our "piece of australia".... :D
scr wannabee = shearer place!!!!

so whens the bbq????
;)

Welcome to the neighbourhood Shearer! What lot did you settle on?
Stefan
Keeping our builder honest at MeganandStefan.com
deletedpenguin

Site Admin

Postby lia11011 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:07 am

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Claudia & Cielly, we're looking at the Manhattan. Just waiting on the tender before we decide if it will be the 43 or the 38. I think there are already a few Manhattans being built? How are you guys finding Wisdom?

And love the idea of a BBQ. We have a Webber BabyQ also, but it's buried at the very back of our storage unit somewhere. I keep nagging hubs to find it, so if he does, we can bring it along.

Lia...
Lia & Michael - 31 Kirkwood Cres | Blog
lia11011

Stonecutter

Postby cielly » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:04 pm

Hi Lia,

Wow, Manhattan is gorgeous (and, huge!!) :lol:

Yes, I believe there are a few Manhattan's out there :) Can't wait to see yours start!

We found Wisdom to be quite helpful and reasonably easy to deal with :) of course, nothing is ever "smooth-sailing", but Nav and I believe that our experience with Wisdom was pretty good! Feel free to browse through our build blog attached to my signature :) that should give you more insight on our experience :P

Can't wait for this BBQ! :P
cielly

Stonecutter

Postby Doozie » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:19 pm

cielly wrote:Hi Lia,

Wow, Manhattan is gorgeous (and, huge!!) :lol:

Yes, I believe there are a few Manhattan's out there :) Can't wait to see yours start!

Yes we had a visit to Oran park and had a look at the Manhattan .. it is pretty impressive and the display home has included all the bells whistles too..

No builder is perfect i guess and the process is as good as the time spent on the Tender and items by the client and the builders admin / building staff / contractors attention to detail ..
(what we have learnt in the whole process is to make sure you are on top of all steps and followup every thing that you are not sure also spell out each word/sentence if you have to )
Doozie

Stonecutter

Postby Sammy » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:41 pm

Hi All,

I have been checking out this site and its the forum it was born from for a while now, and since I am now a land owner at Stonecutters I tought I should join in on the fun.

We bought lot 1702 and are looking for a house, at the moment Clarendon is on top of the list, but with all the talk about Wisdom I think we should have another look.

also how do I get "stonecutter" status on here?

Sammy
Sammy

Stonecutter

Postby shearer place » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:42 pm

deletedpenguin wrote:Welcome to the neighbourhood Shearer! What lot did you settle on?

Thanks DP....your building blog, and others also on this forum and homeowners1 (of course) has been invaluable to us! Thank you all.

We are on lot 1411, right down the bottom of the cul de sac., facing west.
We are building the Bedarra 37 with Rawson. Hopefully submitting our plans for developer approval by the end of next week.....any body else currently going through this process and/or has recently passed this step??.....interested to find out as to what is an acceptable "hand drawn" landscaping plan.

Eka.
Eka and Putri - Lot 1411
shearer place

Stonecutter

Postby deletedpenguin » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:51 pm

Welcome to the neighbourhood. You should both have access to the residents section now. If you have any questions, please let either Nav or myself know.

Cheers! :)
Stefan
Keeping our builder honest at MeganandStefan.com
deletedpenguin

Site Admin

Postby cielly » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:50 pm

Doozie wrote:Yes we had a visit to Oran park and had a look at the Manhattan .. it is pretty impressive and the display home has included all the bells whistles too..

No builder is perfect i guess and the process is as good as the time spent on the Tender and items by the client and the builders admin / building staff / contractors attention to detail ..
(what we have learnt in the whole process is to make sure you are on top of all steps and followup every thing that you are not sure also spell out each word/sentence if you have to )

We haven't visited the Manhattan display home yet... I _want_ to, hehe

Yeps, we tried, as much as possible, to stay on top of things... most of the time, we alerted our SS about progress on our house because we used to visit almost everyday! :lol: yah, we were addicts :P we had to have a "hit" of our house somehow :P

I totally agree with being attentive to detail. You have to be very careful about how things are worded ;)

Sammy - every builder has it's ups and downs :) there are a lot of us either already in the building process or have completed building with build blogs available for people to peruse :). Nav and I built with Wisdom. Feel free to browse through our build blog (on my signature) :P

Hope to hear more about all of your builds! :)
cielly

Stonecutter

Postby stonecutter1155 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:13 pm

shearer place wrote:
deletedpenguin wrote:Welcome to the neighbourhood Shearer! What lot did you settle on?

Thanks DP....your building blog, and others also on this forum and homeowners1 (of course) has been invaluable to us! Thank you all.

We are building the Bedarra 37 with Rawson. Hopefully submitting our plans for developer approval by the end of next week.....any body else currently going through this process and/or has recently passed this step??.....interested to find out as to what is an acceptable "hand drawn" landscaping plan.

Eka.

Welcome Eka,
We have just had developer approval. It took 9 working days. I did the landscaping myself - On the site plan marked everything in colour i.e. driveway - plain on naturestrip and colour on our land including footpath to back yard. Showed outdoor living paved area, all garden beds - native species with mulch. Location of Clothes line, letterbox type 2, location of any trees, any fencing between house and side fence, location of side fencing ie 2 metre setback from front of house. Also retaining walls. I then attached a typed list of every item listing description, material, height, size , location, setback. If the item was as per developer guidelines I also quoted that description. Sounds a lot of detail but that is what they want. Hope this helps.
Mercedes
stonecutter1155

Stonecutter

Postby Doozie » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:34 pm

shearer place wrote:

Eka.

Eka and Putri,

Welcome to the community and the forum too..

We just went through the review process and had to re draw the Landscaping plans once .. (Did not have the correct setback from the Builders Plans and the Type 1 or 2 Letterbox)
We recommend that you get a professional landscape plan drawn up to minimise delays etc.. Our plans cost $385 with not strings attached (for a basic plan and we can get it completed our selves or by any landscape company)
I can send you the details if you wish to .. the guy was prompt and pleasant to deal with.

Answering your question it will be best you call the Urban Pacific Office and have a chat to one of the girls as to what they will accept from you as a drawing.. (they are pretty helpful over the phone)

hope this helps in getting you LS plans submitted and approved soon ..
Doozie

Stonecutter

Postby cielly » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:20 am

Hey folks!

You don't have to have a professionally drawn landscaping plan. Amanda did hers herself! And she just used PowerPoint (I think... it was one of those MS products). Our landscaping plan was 100% hand-drawn! You just have to make sure that you specify the letterbox type and the layout of your landscaping plans. (of course, it would help if you knew the name of the flora that you will be placing on your yard! :P )
cielly

Stonecutter

Postby firstcut » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:11 pm

Yep - I drew it in Powerpoint! Copied the plan on and then drew around it :lol:

Amanda
Lot 1309 - http://www.stonecuttersridge.blogspot.com/
"Civility costs nothing, and buys everything" Mary Wortley Montagu
firstcut

Stonecutter

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat